Saturday, February 8, 2014

C4T Summary

The teachers blog that I was assigned to read was The Fischbowl by Karl Fisch. The first blog that I read by Karl was entitled "Warriors Always Take Care of One Another...and Others." This blog post was mainly about how his school always participates in Toys-for-Tots. The students from Fisch's school bring in new toys and they then donate them to another elementary school that they "adopt". I commented on his post and told him how sweet that is that his school does this for other schools who can't afford it. I also told him how I too donate to Toys-for-Tots during the Christmas season. The second blog post I read by him was called "Student-Directed American Literature: We Need Your Help." In this post, Karl was helping out a fellow teacher who needed some ideas for a project that he was wanting to do with his juniors. The teacher wanted his students to be able to do this project on something that interested them but he was having trouble recommending good resources for them to be able to use that would help expand their knowledge on the subject. I also commented on this and told him how great it is that he is letting them pick a topic that they feel they can best connect with, and I then gave him a few suggestions on resources that his students could use. I have really been enjoying Karl's blog and I would definitely recommend it for others to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment