Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog Post #6


PLN


This week for our blog post we had to explore and learn about personal learning networks, also known as PLN. A personal learning network is essentially a site that contains all the websites that you use on a day to day basis. In addition to that you can also connect to other teachers, scientists, and any other sources that can help you become a better teacher. A great site that is a personal networking site is Symbaloo, which allows you to have all of the sites you use regularly all on one page. For my PLN I would have sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest on there to help me get more ideas and lessons for teaching. With Facebook and Twitter you can connect with educators by following or being friends with them on these sites and you can get opinions and suggestions from these sources on what to do or not to do as a teacher. I think PLN's are great tools that can really help future and current teachers to expand their knowledge and learn from other teachers/sources that have had experience in the education field.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with the uses of PLN's. I think they will be very helpful to me in my future as a teacher and also in my life now. This was a very insightful read for me. I also made my Personal Learning network through Symbaloo.

    ReplyDelete