Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Blog Post #8

21st Century Learning and Communicating Tools

This weeks blog post assignment was to find some learning and communicating tools that can be used in the classroom with students. The first site I found is called Glogster EDU.  Glogster is basically a visual platform that students can use to create posters that includes images, text, drawings, and much more! They can also use it book reports and homework as well. This will be very useful to use in the classroom because it is easier for the students to complete projects without all the mess.

The next site that I found is called SchoolTube. It is very similar to YouTube except it is based on more of an educational standpoint. It is a safe, appropriate environment where students can upload videos for an educational purpose. My high school had a channel on this site where they would post videos pertaining to what was happening on our campus. It was very interesting and informative! Personally in the classroom I would only use this if we were doing a project related to using video, or I would make it optional for the students because I understand that not everyone is comfortable doing this and their might be some parents who do not want their children on a video online. 

The final website that I found is called Flashcard Machine. This a wonderful website where both students and teachers can make flashcards for whatever subject they need to study for! I would for sure use this because growing up and even now I use flashcards to help me study. I could let the students make their own cards and quiz each other on the material, or I could create my own and quiz them myself. This could then be turned into a game and whichever team wins could receive some kind of reward. There are so many things you could do in the classroom with this one tool! 

Overall I found these tools very helpful and informative and I would definitely use all of these in the classroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment